Friday, April 9, 2010

Wednesday, May 03, 2006 - Back to square one

Wednesday, May 03, 2006
Back to square one
Well, my glorified guest room scheme has come to a screeching halt. I tried to haul the chair up there this evening. Didn't happen. I had a couple of different ideas on how to get it up there. None of those ideas worked. The chair is just rather large and the stairway is just rather narrow. Seriously, and not to be at all offensive, but if one was really really obese.....he/she would have an extremely difficult time navigating the stairways in this house. Freakin rediculous. Brad kept telling me it was too big, but I thought, nah........can't be. He was right, it's too freakin big. What ticks me off even more is that several years ago my friend Teresa lived in an almost identical condo here in Manassas and she bought this enormous chair with an even bigger ottoman and had it all the way up in her room. I'm not even trying to go all the way up to the 3rd floor with my much smaller chair. I just wanna take it to the second floor. I have no clue how they got that chair up the stairs. Anyway, I'd already carried the ottoman up, so it's sitting in the guest room now all by it's lonesome where I guess it'll be until I decide to haul it back downstairs tomorrow. I hate it when I've got this big grandiose idea about how something is going to look and work and it's all nice and fine in my head, and then the stupidiest details fall through. Like the chair, in my head it was the corner stone of the room. A focal point if you will. Hopes, dreams, dashed........ My head hurts now.

No comments: