Friday, April 9, 2010

Sunday, May 14, 2006 - Events, past, present & future....

Sunday, May 14, 2006
Events, past, present & future....
Let me start by saying that I really need to give up bowling. It seems to me that in recent history (being the past 15 years or so) that every time I've been bowling I've already been hurt to the point where I couldn't bowl or I injured myself while bowling. Went bowling on Friday. Brad came and got to hang out with some of my friends (ones that he doesn't know well at all) so that was good. Of course, taking Brad along when bowling or shooting pool is never good cause he kills everyone else, but I digress.... So has anyone ever been bowling where the shoes weren't slippery? A show of hands will suffice. Ya, me either until Friday. The heels of the shoes were not the slightest bit slippery so if you went in for the slide and release what you really got was the abrupt stop and the subsequent flinging yourself down the alley. Ok, adjust style. My style does not like to be adjusted.........so I opted to just take my shoes off and play in my socks.......since they're slippery and all. Well, I thought this was gonna solve my problem until my front foot didn't exactly slide gracefully but more full speed ahead down the alley. Meanwhile my back foot is doing it's thing to slide across behind my body, but the unfortunate mishap with my front foot basically caused me to go into a split. I do not do the splits. Result: left hamstring sprain - distal attachment. But, I got the strike with that oh so graceful move. Ok, so I pick myself up off the floor and gimp my way back to my seat where I spend the rest of the evening trying to stretch. Fast forward to the next morning where I get up after only 4 hours of sleep, pick Bean up, and the two of us drive 3 1/2 hours to Philly where my cousin was throwing a surprise anniversary party for her parents. Unloading my body out of the car after sitting for that period of time was immensely unpleasant, but I managed to get in to my cousins house with my duffel bag, change my clothes, and head back out to the party with my whole family, and new inductee Bean, in tow. I basically spent the rest of the night like a crotchety 80 year old who needs a hip replacement. P.S.- Highlight of the evening: Aunt Janet (who is actually my cousin's aunt on her other side of the family) falling down, on my aunt (whose anniversary we were celebrating) while doing The Chicken Dance. Priceless. The party was good. Got to see my family and visit for awhile. Got some painting tips from Craig also (a bonus). Bean and I drove back in about 3 hours this morning. Moving on..........
I think I'm going to go in to work tomorrow. There still stuff I need to accomplish. Hopefully we'll have some paper, but I seriously doubt it. I need to bring some stuff home and fax some stuff out. Can't decide if I should go ahead and make this a DC Adventure day for Josh or not. Suppose this also depends on if I'm still getting around like a crotchety 80 year old who needs a hip replacement. Oh, and the weather also needs to cooperate.
Furthermore..... This week Josh and I will be going up to NY to visit Katie for a few days. Looking forward to that trip. Hope to get together with Jeremy and Vinny while we're there as well as do some fun stuff for Josh.

No comments: