Friday, April 9, 2010

Monday, May 29, 2006 - Eric Forman and Tivo Delay

Monday, May 29, 2006
Eric Forman and Tivo Delay
I realize that I'm blogging about an even that occurred about 2 weeks ago, but thanks to TIVO I'm just now getting around to it. Honestly I was putting it off because I was afraid to deal with it.
Let me just start off by reiderating how much of a dork I am. I am in love with That 70's Show. I have been in love with it since it started many many years ago. It was one of the few things I actually watched in college, and carried through to the end. My primary driving force in this love was Eric Forman. Yes, I dig Topher Grace, he's cute, I haven't seen anything he's in that I haven't liked, but I really believe that the entire driving force behind my like of him is my love of Eric Forman. I've dated a guy based on my initial likening of him to Eric Forman. I recently realized that I've got a friend whom I dearly love and I could never really pin point why I've always felt so drawn to him (not in a sexual way, Brad), but recently discovered that it's because he's sooooooooooo Eric Forman. I can't believe it's taken me this long to figure out that's who he is in my mind. Regardless, I love Eric Forman, got it yet? Ok so now I get on with my blog.
So obviously my show was coming to an end. All this year I've known it. Much to my dismay Topher decided to sit out this final season and it almost drove me to stop watching, but I stuck it out thanks to TIVO. I'd seen a rumor that Topher wouldn't be back for the final episode and frankly it broke my heart. Did I really have to say good bye to Eric Forman last year? Would he not grant me one last spot? I was prepared for this fact when I finally sat down (or stood up while I folded laundry) to watch the finally this evening (TIVO of course). It's emotional for me to have a long running show end cause it comes to be part of my life.........and my laundry. I can safely say I was more attached to this show then Friends tho and that's very odd to me. I did not cry when Rachel came back at the end of Friends, but I nearly lost it when Eric came back at the end of That 70's Show. Now all I need is a spin-off where Eric and Donna go off to college together. That would make the world a better place......don't ya think? Have I bored you to tears yet? I thought so, so here's where I'll end this disaster of a blog. Just thought you needed another reason to view me as the worlds biggest dork who gets emotional over television characters and is devastated when TV shows come to an end.
Hope everyones 3 day weekend was killer!

No comments: