Friday, April 9, 2010

Friday, April 13, 2007 - All put out - and probably over nothing.....

Friday, April 13, 2007
All put out - and probably over nothing.....
Ya ya ya, so here's the part where I use my blog to bitch about how I feel crappy today because of other people and their careless comments - or something like that...
Ok, so a few weeks ago my best friend since forever gave birth to her 2nd child. While this isn't a world changing event, it's big news for me. I'm thrilled for her and very much wanted to be there (especially since I missed the birth of her first child due to rediculous work constraints). Nonetheless, knowing that I might not be able to pick up and drive 3+ hours on a moments notice to witness the coming of the 2nd child, I asked that I please be one of the first people notified when, infact, labor was taking place or the baby had been born. Clearly family would be at the hospital and would know prior to me, but in the phone chain of things I did not think this was a rediculous request. Wouldn't you know that not only was I not called, I was notified 4th person. Her parents called my mom who told my sister who then proceeded to pick up the phone to call me. So, I'm a little put out by this. I got over it. I told her that her husband was back on "my list" for not enacting the proper order on the phone tree (i.e. - call Caroline prior to the rest of the world). He's been on my "list" for most of their relationship, so this shouldnt' come as a shock to either of them. Nonetheless, that has passed, she and the baby are both happy and healthy and I have no need for continued complaint. I only tell this tidbit because it provides a little back story for what happend today.
I've got a "work husband" or at least I've got an "ex-work husband" seeing how we don't actually "work" together anymore. I love the guy dearly. He's put up with my moaning, groaning, bitching and complaining and I have reciprocated for well over a year and a half now. Even though we don't still work together, we talk often and I like to keep it that way. I don't have a whole lot of friends who "get me", and he "gets me". It's just nice to have someone in your life who you can be completely honest with, who gets your jokes, who you can say anything to and they won't be all pissy with you, and who has seen you at both your best and worst and still likes you in spite of yourself. (Yes, generally one's spouse occupies this position, as mine does, but it's a double bonus when there's a non-spouse who also "gets you".) So, said "work husband" and I had chats all last week. Talked about nonsense, and non-nonsense, family, work, lunch...whatever. I just so happend to email with a mutual acquaintance of ours over the weekend and today I get an email from him telling me about a really big event that is happening in "work husband's" life - but he didn't tell me about it. Now, I am gonna go out on a limb here and say that our mutual acquaintance came by this information rather backhandedly and not from the mouth of "work husband." Nonetheless, this is not the way I want to find out big news. I don't want this information third hand, or second hand for that matter. I want this kind of information first hand. At this juncture I can't decide if I should be upset with "work husband" or if I should be upset with the acquaintance. I'm leaning towards the acquaintance because I'm nearly positive that when "work husband" finds out that the acquaintance has told me this big news, prior to him telling me, and prior to him wanting it to be public knowledge at all, he's going to be pretty freakin' pissed. But, I will have to wait and talk with "work husband" to be sure. Regardless, I was really put out to get this sort of news - once again - not from the horses mouth. I was so put out that it really disrupted my work day - primarily because I was having a hard time understanding why this kind of information wouldn't be readily shared with me. No doubt, I am entirely over reacting, but it's bothersome to me and that's what the blog is for, right? To vent!

No comments: