Thursday, August 6, 2009

I feel the need...

... to get up and move. Sitting at my desk is detrimental to my health. I discovered this a couple of years ago when I took this job and realized that it took very little time for me to pack on about 10lbs thanks to the lack of regular activity. Yes, of course I get up and walk around the office. I take little trips to visit folks, deliver things to other department, and get a drink, but these do not make up for the endless hours I spend sitting in my ass. In the past I've taken walks around the park where my office is located during lunch, and I really need to get back to that. My current hang-up is that I can't remember to bring my sneakers to work. Mind you, I haven't actually worn my sneakers since sometime in late April because they ceased to fit on my feet. That situation has since been resolved, so I really have no excuses.
At this juncture I wish I could say that I am only 10lbs overweight, but then I'd be some sort of freak that every other recently pregnant chick on the planet loathed. I assure you that this is not the case. While I'd ideally weigh about 40lbs less, I'd really be quite happy with a 20lb drop. I'm not sure that the 40lb dream is actually in my future (at least not without the help of some very skilled surgeons). All that aside, I'm never gonna lose anything without getting up and moving around with my goal in mind. I have taken up dog walking as my exercise of choice at home. Poor Ben does not get as much exercise as he should and I thought that taking it upon myself to help him out in that department would benefit both of us. Still, a lap around the neighborhood is not going to get me very far, so I need to work on fitting in still more activity. I would love to squeeze in some pool time, but a real workout in the pool is not a reality most days.

No comments: