Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Life comes at you..... fast

So, I just noticed that the last time I posted a blog was nearly 3 months ago. WTF? Where on earth did the time go? Alot has happened since August 6th, so here's a recap.


August
Katie & Bekir left to go back to Turkey at the end of the month, and Brinley started full time daycare with our neighbor (and Venezuelan goddess of childcare) Martiza. This is a fantabulous set up with her being only one block over, the best deal going (cost wise), and a very kind, trustworthy person who truly seems to love Brinley and children in general. I started working part time at Gallaudet for a three week stint while Jonathan went off to Taipei (I'm only slightly bitter). Brad got a second job at Golf Galaxy to help pay for childcare (and get a discount on golf equipment and clothing).

September

The Gallaudet gig got pretty taxing. I was working mornings at my regular job (trying to cram 8 hours worth of work in to 4 hours was nonsense), and then afternoons/evenings/weekends at Gally. It was fun for the most part, but exhausting as well. I was really glad when that ended. Couple that with trying to balance my schedule with Brad's schedule and it was a bit of a circus. At my regular job I ended up doing all of the content loading for my two websites. This came as quite a surprise, as I thought I wouldn't have to do all of that. Nonetheless, I got it done (4 hours a day for 3 weeks) and was glad to have the experience and ability to make changes where necessary. It's up and running now, but still needs more work from my perspective. You should be grateful that I had no time to blog while that was going on. I had mad blog fodder, but it's one of those things that needed to be written in the moment.... and the moment has passed.


October
Let the travel begin! Ok, so I've cut back ALOT from travel in years past. First, I don't have the crazy whack budget I had before. Second, Brad would undoubtedly divorce me if I was on a plane once every two weeks for a 3 day trip. Nonetheless, some trips are necessary. I was off to Seattle on the first for my fall committee meeting. Things went relatively well, and I got the chance to bum around town a bit after the meeting finished up on Friday. Had a nice time with a few committee members. On Sunday, Brad had his graduation ceremony for UOP. He's still got a few loose ends to tie up, but there's a bright light at the end of the tunnel now.


This has pretty much caught us up to where I am now. Brad is working many evenings a week, and usually one weekend day, and that really sucks for the most part. He doesn't get much down time, and I am single parenting on the regular. I can handle it, I just don't enjoy it and I miss him being here in the evenings.


Brinley has taken to rolling back and forth. She doesn't roll over and over (so it's not a mode of transportation as of yet), but she does roll over and can flip back over if she wants to. She doesn't do this much cause she's not much for tummy time, but we're working on it.














Josh will test for his purple belt at Tae Kwon Do tomorrow. I feel like we JUST had a test, but I guess it's been a couple of months now. This time next year he'll be testing for his black belt (and hopefully we'll be able to afford for him to do so). At the last test he got a trophy for most outstanding test. This makes me happy because he works pretty hard at it, so he deserves to be recognized for his efforts.



In a couple of weeks I'll be heading out to Colorado Springs for the one state convention I'll be attending this year. I've never been to Colorado, so I'm looking forward to it (though not all the snow they've got). A former coworker lives there now, so I'm looking forward to seeing her and checking out her new job at the OTC. Also looking forward to working with some AHA pals, and imbibing some Fat Tire (yay Fat Tire!).

No comments: