Sunday, January 4, 2009

The Wedding - Part 4 of Katie's Wedding Weekend

Finally, the wedding day arrived! Not much to do early on except roll out of bed, find some food, and wait for my turn to get my hair done. Katie arranged for a couple of professionals to come and do everyone's hair and make-up (well, some hair and make-up).
Jenny an Irene (friends of ours from back in the day) showed up and offered to make a Starbucks run, and Brad and Bekir took Josh to find some breakfast (which turned out to be Dunkin Donuts). The rest of us sat around and watched a little TV and vegetated while waiting our turn.

Once I was all set with my hair, I headed out to the mall to pick up some shoes that I hoped would not render me disabled by the end of the night. Josh also had some shoe issues, so we picked him up a new pair as well. We grabbed some lunch and before we knew it the time had come for us to head over to the venue for pictures. I finished up my make-up, hopped in to my dress and we all piled in to the car.



Once we got to the venue, Katie still had to get in to her gown. It had a fantastic corset back, which of course needed to be laced by yours truly. I hadn't had much practice with lacing corsets, but it was pretty easy and the dress looked really lovely (which I was grateful for). Once she was all set we headed downstairs to start the pictures. I've been forbidden to post any really good ones online, but here are a couple we took that were good.




So, the pictures finished up and the wedding commenced and everything was really great. The weather turned out better than the day before, so even though nobody had a hat, gloves, scarf, or heating blanket, we survived the ceremony without any trace of frostbite. There was a cocktail hour after the ceremony with some fantastic Turkish appetizers and drinks a-plenty. Everyone visited, and then it was time to head in to the ballroom for the actual reception. The food was great, the music was awesome, and the party was a blast. It was fun catching up with friends and family I don't get to see much, and I was really thrilled to see so many people out on the dance floor enjoying themselves. The DJ played a nice mix of Turkish dance music and all of Bekir's friends and family, as well as our plain old American folks, had a good time.





No comments: