Wednesday, January 6, 2010

2009 Recap

Holy crap! Where'd the year go? It seems like just yesterday I was moaning and groaning about how much my body hurt, about the crazy bumps and plaques brought on by the PUPPs, and let's not forget how I couldn't wear shoes. The time really flies when you're having fun..... or not. All I can say is "whew, glad that's over!" While 2009 was a rough year in many ways, it equally fabulous in so many more. Obviously the major highlight was the arrival of our precious Brinley. She is so fabulous I don't think there are actually words to describe her. I mean, I'd been saying for months how this kid was going to come out walking and talking and peeing in the potty, and while that was completely absurd (purposefully so), she certainly did come out happy and healthy and sleeping through the night (which is all one can truly ask for with a baby). As the months have gone by we've enjoyed watching her grow and change. She's on the verge of crawling right now, and is all about "real" food and less about a bottle. My current wish is that she'd hold her own bottle, so that I could consider moving her along to a sippy cup. Nonetheless, I'm certain that will come with time.

In other news from 2009:

Joshua turned 8 and got braces (though only on his two front teeth). He graduated from the 2nd grade and is now doing well in the 3rd grade. He's cruising right along with tae kwon do and is now a brown belt. A few weeks back he started a weekly Spanish class. He struggles with it a bit, and I wish it was a couple times a week to help him retain more.
















Brad "graduated" from college! I put that in quotations because he walked in the ceremony, but is currently finishing up his final class, biology. I'm incredibly proud of him and this accomplishment. It has been a long road, and he has worked very hard to get good grades. By the end of the month he will have achieved his B.A. in Business.

No comments: