Thursday, June 11, 2009

Quotes

The longest day must have its close—the gloomiest night will wear on to a morning.
Harriet Beecher Stowe (1811-1896)

So I have this little quote widget on my blog (you've probably noticed this already), and it's there as much for me as anyone else. I particularly liked today's quote because it seemed so very applicable to the agony that is my sitting and waiting. To quote about a bazillion other people, "nobody was ever pregnant forever." This is true, but it sure does feel like I've been pregnant forever, and with no actual end in sight it seems that the misery will go on endlessly. One two or three occasions now I've been sure that the end was near. I mean really near. This, only to be disappointed when the end did not in fact show up. I could sit here and list all the reasons why I feel as though I cannot go on another day, but it won't get me anywhere, so I'll just sit here and stew about it to myself.

There are undoubtedly people out there who have no clue I'm about to have a baby. Either they don't keep in touch, or I don't keep in touch, or they don't read my blog, or they don't talk to anyone that I talk to. It's probably for the best. I find pregnancy to be horrific. It's agonizing and painful, uncomfortable and miserable. I can't find one positive thing to say about it other than you get the baby in the end (and then you get a whole new set of agonizing, painful, uncomfortable, and miserable issues). Why people do this on purpose ceases to amaze me. All that being said, if you're one of those people who thinks that pregnancy is so fabulous then you probably do not want to have a conversation with me. I don't care how glorious you thought it was. Frankly, I think you deluded yourself the entire time. My theory on the knows, and the know-nots is simply that I can deal with the knows and probably cannot or do not want to deal with the know-nots. I like them all just the same, it's more a matter of relativity and agreement on the issue at hand.

All that being said - I'm hoping that this ever so long day will have its close (not the actual day, but the theoretical day that has been the last 9 VERY LONG months) soon.

No comments: