Thursday, May 21, 2009

Fear and Loathing in Babyland

Ok, so we're looking about a 3-4 more weeks of this craziness.... max! This is a good thing. I am sooooooooo ready for this nonsense to be over and feel like an actual human being again. I cannot wait to sit down, stand up, or, God forbid, lie down without it being excruciatingly painful in a variety of ways. More than that - I can't wait for the weight loss to begin. I've come to find that IT has happened to me AGAIN. What is IT you ask? IT happened last time I was pregnant, some 8+ years ago. I look in the mirror and I don't see something all great, but I don't see Shamu. The fact that I don't see Shamu eases my fears about being Shamu and I'm able to go on about my business.... satisfied that I don't need my own zip code. But then the pictures come.... some evil being with a camera takes pictures at an event of some sort and then, and only then, the truth comes out. IT is revealed! I am Shamu! Never mind that I don't see it when I look in the mirror, and nobody has the gumption to tell me (except my boss who says to me the other day, "so you seem to be retaining water", to which I replied, "yes, it's quite nasty, but that's the case"), but regardless I am fat fat the water rat. Now, in my defense, I'd venture my boss has really hit the nail on the head. It's ALOT of water.
It really came on quickly about 10 days ago or so. I'd been just dandy with a bit of swelling, but nothing too horrible. I was able to wear my shoes, and my rings, so those were comforting aspects in my quest to not be Shamu. Then, all of a sudden I couldn't get my feet in to my shoes, and my rings wouldn't come off (mind you, I got them off and haven't put them back on since). I'm truly amazed at how quickly this happened, but happen it did and there's no looking back. I can only hope that I'll be able to ward off the really ugly number on the scale I'd prefer to remain on the left side of, but I don't feel that I have much control over the scale at this juncture.

No comments: